Welcome to Hump-Day ya’ll! You are halfway there, you can do it!!
- Today is the 262nd day of 2018.
- There are only 3 days until Fall!!!!
- There are 103 days left in the year.
- Today’s date in Roman Numerals is: IX • XIX • MMXVIII
- Sunrise here in PA is 6:47 a.m. and sunset is 7:06 p.m.
- The moon tonight is a Waxing Gibbous. Illumination is 73%.
I came across these two songs by a lady named Lauren Daigle. I hope you enjoy them! “You Say” and “Look Up Child”
Check out some of my favorite helpful, informative and fun sites!!
Weather Underground the ONLY weather site you will need! I SWEAR by it.
RefDesk your daily dose of EVERYTHING!
The Free Dictionary awesome for learning 5 new daily words and grammar!!
Khan Academy for anything Education related. Free help for parents and students.
Bored Panda Just for stupid fun.
Animal Rescue Site Just a button click donates food. All purchases donate food/supplies and there are links to Veteran Affairs, Hunger, Breast Cancer, Literacy, Rainforest, Alzheimer’s, Autism and Diabetes
MoonGiant awesome, interactive sight about the solar system.
TinyBuddha quotes, stories, books, etc… I find many of my quotes, memes and daily inspirations here.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day, Arrrg!
- National Butterscotch Pudding Day
- National Woman Road Warrior Day
- National School Backpack Awareness Day
- National Gymnastics Day
- National Meow Like a Pirate Day, Meoowarrg!
- Yom Kippur Also known as the Day of Atonement, is the holiest day of the year in Judaism. Its central themes are atonement and repentance. Followers observe this holy day with an approximate 25-hour period of fasting and intensive prayer, often spending most of the day in synagogue services.
Today’s Birthdays include:
- 1749 – Jean Baptiste Joseph Delambre, French mathematician/astronomer
- 1882 – Christopher Stone, 1st disc jockey in the United Kingdom
- 1911 – William Golding, English novelist “Lord of the Flies”
- 1928 – Adam West, American actor
- 1941 – “Mama” Cass Elliot, rock vocalist Mamas & The Papas
- 1958 – Lita Ford, British vocalist
- 1964 – Trisha Yearwood, Country Singer/writer/cook/showhost LOVE her!!
- 1974 – Jimmy Fallon, American actor/comedian
Here are some random facts for around the water cooler!
- Most lipstick contains fish scales.
- A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball of rubber. A ball of solid steel will bounce higher than one made entirely of glass.
- A group of twelve or more cows is called a flink.
- One quarter of the bones in your body, are in your feet! 26 of your 206 bones!
- Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a space suit damages them.
Remember, you are NOT alone! Until next time — Jenn