Welcome to Hump-Day ya’ll! You are halfway there, you can do it!!
Wednesday the 12th happens twice in 2018. Today, Wednesday, September 12 and again Wednesday, December 12th!
- Today is the 255th day of 2018.
- There are 10 days until Fall! Woot Woot!!!
- There are 110 days left in the year.
- Today’s date in Roman Numerals is: IX • XII • MMXVIII
- Sunrise here in PA, is 6:33 a.m. and sunset is 7:11 p.m.
- Tonight’s moon is a Waxing Crescent. Illumination is only 11%.
Check out some of my favorite helpful, informative and fun sites!!
Weather Underground the ONLY weather site you will need! I SWEAR by it.
RefDesk your daily dose of EVERYTHING!
The Free Dictionary awesome for learning 5 new daily words and grammar!!
Khan Academy for anything Education related. Free help for parents and students.
Bored Panda Just for stupid fun.
Animal Rescue Site Just a button click donates food. All purchases donate food/supplies and there are links to Veteran Affairs, Hunger, Breast Cancer, Literacy, Rainforest, Alzheimer’s, Autism and Diabetes
- Chocolate Milkshake Day
- International Day for South-South Cooperation
- National Day of Encouragement
- National Police Woman Day
- National Report Medicare Fraud Day
- Video Games Day
- Jesse Owens, American sprinter/long jumper – 1913
- Barry White, American singer/songwriter – 1944
- Hans Zimmer, German composer/producer – 1957
- Sigmar Gabriel, German Educator/politician – 1959
- Louis C.K., American comedian/actor/producer/screenwriter – 1967
- Paul Walker, American actor/producer – 1973
- Ruben Studdard, American singer – 1978
- Emmy Rossum, American singer/actress – 1986
- Freddie Freeman, American-Canadian, Atlanta Braves 1st baseman – 1989
- Kelsea Ballerini, American singer/songwriter – 1993
5 Random Facts for Around the Water Cooler
- A hippo’s wide open mouth is big enough to fit a 4-foot-tall child in.
- A waterfall in Hawaii goes up sometimes instead of down.
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
- Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.
- You can’t hum while holding your nose closed. You tried it, didn’t you!?:)
Remember, you are NOT alone! Until next time — Jenn