Welcome to Hump-Day ya’ll! You are halfway there, you can do it!!
Hello September and welcome!
Did you know that September in the Northern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent of March in the Southern Hemisphere??
How about this…September starts on the same day of the week as December each year but does not end on the same day of the week as any other month in the year!!
September was originally the 7th of 10 months in the old Roman calendar. Hence the name September from Latin septem meaning “7”.
- Birthstone is the Sapphire.
- September is host to Labor Day, Native American Day, Grandparent’s Day, Constitution Day and the Autumnal Equinox.
- September, 5th, 2018 in Roman Numerals is: IX • V • MMXVIII
- Birth flowers are the Forget-me-not (love/memories), Morning Glory (unrequited love) and Aster(love).
- Today is the 248th day of 2018.
- Tonight’s moon will be a Waning Crescent. Illumination is 24%.
- There are 117 days left in the year.
Check out some of my favorite helpful, informative and fun sites!!
RefDesk your daily dose of EVERYTHING!
The Free Dictionary awesome for learning 5 new daily words and grammar!!
Khan Academy for anything Education related. Free help for parents and students.
Bored Panda Just for stupid fun.
- International Day of Charity
- Indigenous Literacy Day
- Entrepreneur Day
- National Be Late for Something Day
- National Cheese Pizza Day
- National Shrink Day
- Louis VIII, King of France – 1187
- Louis XIV, King of France – 1613
- Johann Christian Bach, German Composer – 1735
- Jesse James, American Outlaw – 1847
- Bob Newhart, Comedian/Actor – 1929
- Raquel Welch, Actress – 1940
- Freddie Mercury, British singer-songwriter Queen – 1946
- Lori Harrigan, American Olympic Softball Pitcher 1996 gold – 1970
5 Random Facts for the Water Cooler
- Baked beans are actually not baked, but stewed.
- A duel between three people is called a truel.
- 8 of the 10 largest statues in the world are of Buddha.
- People can suffer from a psychological disorder called Boanthropy that makes them believe that they are a cow. They try to live their lives as a cow.
- Daddy longlegs have penises, which technically makes them not spiders.
Remember, you are NOT alone! Until next time — Jenn