Welcome to Hump-Day ya’ll! You are halfway there, you can do it!!
August was named after the first Roman Emperor, Augustus. He brought two centuries worth of peace to Rome, developed networks of roads, and rebuilt huge swaths of the city.
- Today is the 241st day of the year.
- August 29th, 2018 in Roman Numerals is: VIII – XXIX – MMXVIII
- There are 124 days left in 2018.
- Today is the 35th Wednesday of 2018.
- Tonight’s moon is a Waning Gibbous. It is visible 92%
- Here in PA, the sunrise is 6:19 a.m. and the sunset is 7:35 p.m.
- The birth stone is Peridot and the Zodiac sign is Virgo.
Check out some of my favorite helpful, informative and fun sites!!
RefDesk your daily dose of EVERYTHING!
The Free Dictionary awesome for learning 5 new daily words and grammar!!
Khan Academy for anything Education related. Free help for parents and students.
Bored Panda Just for stupid fun.
- Today is:
- According to Hoyle Day
- Chop Suey Day
- International Day Against Nuclear Tests
- Lemon Juice Day
- More Herbs, Less Salt Day
- Willing-To-Lend-A-Hand Wednesday
- National Sarcoidosis Awareness Day
- National Swiss Winegrowers Day
- Tug-of-War Day
- Individual Rights Day
Famous August 29th birthdays include:
- Wilhelm Hieronymus Pachelbel, composer – 1725
- Oliver Wendel Holmes, Sr., American Physican/author – 1809
- Henry Bergy, Founder of the ASPCA – 1811
- Dinah Washington, singer – 1924
- Senator John McCain, American war hero/Republican – 1936
- Temple Grandin, American animal welfare/autism expert – 1947
- Michael Jackson, American singer – 1958
- Noah Syndegaard, New York Mets Pitcher – 1992
Here are some fun facts for around the water cooler:
- The average person spends 6 months of their lifetime waiting on a red light to turn green.
- Southern sea otters have flaps of skin under their forelegs that act as pockets. When diving, they use these pouches to store rocks and food.
- A single cloud can weight more than 1 million pounds.
- A human will eat on average 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders while sleeping.
- In 1386 a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child.
Remember, you are NOT alone. Until next time — Jenn