You have made it to Friday ya’ll, good for you! Here comes the weekend.
Not everyone loves coffee. I do not know why but I will forgive you. Here are some facts about my favorite liquid in the world.
Coffee, Java, Brew, Liquid Energy, Joe Facts
Coffee is the second most traded commodity on earth. The number one commodity…Oil.
You can overdose on coffee. However, you would need to drink over 100 cups to consume the lethal dose of caffeine.
- The average worker spends $20 a week on coffee.
Decaf does not mean caffeine-free. An eight ounce brewed cup of decaf coffee actually has two-to-12 milligrams of caffeine. In comparison, a regular cup of coffee has anywhere from 95 to 200 milligrams. (Twelve ounces of coke only has 23-35 milligrams of caffeine.)
- A single coffee tree produces just 5 pounds of beans.
- Dark roast coffees have less caffeine than lighter roasts. Even though the flavor is often stronger, roasting actually burns off some of the caffeine.
Coffee stays warmer when you add cream. Coffee with added cream cools about 20% slower than plain black coffee.
- Beethoven counted the number of coffee beans he used to make his coffee and insisted on 60 beans per cup.
- In Turkey, the bridegroom was once required to make a vow during the wedding to always make sure to provide their wives with coffee. If they did not do so it was considered grounds for divorce.
- New Yorkers drink almost seven times as much coffee as the rest of the U.S. However, Finland is the most caffeinated country, where the average adult consumes the equivalent of four or five cups of coffee a day.
- Coffee is the second most famous beverage in the world after water.
Brazil is the leading coffee producing country in the world contributing almost 40% of the coffee production in the world.
There are two types of coffee beans: Arabica and Robusta. 70% of coffee beans are Arabica. Robusta is slightly more bitter and has twice as much caffeine.
Prior to Coffee, Beer was the beverage for breakfast in the USA.
George Washington invented the machine for the preparation of instant coffee.
- The first selling license of Coffee was given in 1670.
- Coffee beans are not beans, they are berries. They are coffee cherries or coffee berries.
Have a wonderful weekend! Remember, you are NOT alone. Until next time. –Jenn
2 thoughts on “Fun Fact Friday”
This was amazing! I’m in a committed relationship with coffee❤ Have a great day!
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
LikeLiked by 1 person
This was very interesting and entertaining! Thanks Jenn! Have a great weekend! (((Hugs)))
LikeLiked by 1 person