Welcome to Hump-Day ya’ll! You are halfway there, you can do it!!
Hump Day Facts for July 25th
- Today is the 206th day of 2018.
- July 25, 2018 in Roman Numerals is: VII • XXV • MMXVIII
- There are 159 days left in 2018.
- Today is the 30th Wednesday of 2018.
- Here in PA, sunrise is 5:54 a.m. and sunset is 8:23 p.m.
- Today is:
- Annexation of Guanacaste
- Constitution Day
- Revolution Anniversary
- Feast of Saint James the Apostle
- Republic Day
- National Hot Fudge Day
- National Wine and Cheese Day
- National Hire a Veteran Day
- National Merry-Go Round Day
- National Threading the Needle Day
- Culinarians Day
- July is also:
- National Blueberry Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- Unluck Month for Weddings
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Picnic Month
- The Moon today is a Waxing gibbous. The moon is 96% illuminated.
- The zodiac sign is the Leo. The lion.Strengths: Creative, passionate, generous, warm-hearted, cheerful, humorousWeaknesses: Arrogant, stubborn, self-centered, lazy, inflexible
- 1866 – The United States Congress passes legislation authorizing the rank of General of the Army. Lieutenant General Ulysses S. Grant becomes the first to be promoted to this rank.
- 1868 – Wyoming becomes a United States territory.
- 1956 – Forty-five miles south of Nantucket Island, the Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria collides with the MS Stockholm in heavy fog and sinks the next day, killing 51.
- 1965 – Bob Dylan goes electric at the Newport Folk Festival, signaling a major change in folk and rock music.
- 1978 – Birth of Louise Joy Brown, the first human to have been born after conception by in vitro fertilization, or IVF.
- 1984 – Salyut 7 cosmonaut Svetlana Savitskaya becomes the first woman to perform a spacewalk.
- 1994 – Israel and Jordan sign the Washington Declaration, that formally ends the state of war that had existed between the nations since 1948.
- 2000 – Concorde Air France Flight 4590 crashes at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, killing 113 passengers.
- 2007 – Pratibha Patil is sworn in as India’s first female president.
- 2010 – WikiLeaks publishes classified documents about the War in Afghanistan, one of the largest leaks in U.S. military history.
Here are a few random water cooler facts:
There are more fake flamingos in the world than real flamingos.
You replace every particle in your body every seven years. You are literally not the same person you were 7 years ago.
- It is illegal to sell pickles that do not bounce in Connecticut since 1948.
- No person convicted of a felony may operate a Bingo game in Bensalem, Pennsylvania.
- When a male bee climaxes, their testicles explode and they die.
Aren’t ya glad you’re a human?! 😉
Until next time, you are NOT alone!! –Jenn