Welcome to Hump-Day ya’ll! You are halfway there, you can do it!!
Hump Day Facts for July 18
- Today July 18th is the 199th day of 2018.
- July 18, 2018, in Roman numerals, is VII • XVIII • MMXVIII
- 166 days remaining in the year.
- Today is the 29th Wednesday of 2018.
- Here in PA, sunrise is 5:48 a.m. and sunset is 8:29 p.m.
- There are 66 days left until Fall.
- Today is:
- National Caviar Day
- National Hot Dog Day
- Nelson Mandela International Day
- Perfect Family Day
- Take Your Poet to Work Day
- World Listening Day
- Constitution Day
- July 15-21
- Rabbit Week
- Captive Nations Week
- Everybody Deserves a Massage Week
- National Body Piercing Week
- National Parenting Gifted Children Week
- National Zoo Keeper Week
- National Independent Retailers Week
- July 18-21
- National Baby Food Week
- National Ventriloquism Week
- July 18-25
- Restless Leg Syndrome Education & Awareness Week
- The Moon today is a Waxing Crescent. The moon is 36% illuminated.
- Cancer is still the zodiac until July 22nd.
- 1927 Ty Cobb hits his 4000th career hit.
- 1931 1st air-conditioned ship “Mariposa” is launched.
- 1936 Spanish Civil War begins.
- 1969 U.S.A. Chappaquiddick – Senator Ted Kennedy’s car plunges off a bridge killing his passenger, Secretary Mary Jo Kopechne. Kennedy is later convicted of leaving the scene of an accident.
- 1976 Nadia Comaneci receives the first perfect 10 ever recorded in Olympic gymnastics.
- 1984 21 people shot dead, 19 injured in San Ysidro, California at a McDonald’s. James Oliver Huberty said he was “hunting humans” as he left his wife.
- 1986 Videotapes are released showing Titanic’s sunken remains.
- 1998 A 23 ft. tidal wave runs along the coast of Papua New Guinea killing over 3,000.
- 2003 Kobe Bryant is charged with sexual assault, charges are later dropped.
- 2005 The Olympic Park Bomber, Eric Rudolph, is sentenced to life in prison for a series of bombings from May 5, 1998, until May 31, 2003.
Here are a few random facts to use around the water cooler.
- The average lifespan of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
- Calama, a town in the Atacama Desert of Chile, it has never rained.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
- From 1999-2014, 2,167 people died from……Constipation. 🙂
- The dot over the lower case “i” is called a tittle.
Until next time. You are NOT alone. –Jenn