Hello and welcome to Friday! You have made it through yet another week! Friday is my second favorite F word. 🙂
20 Facts That Should Be Common Knowledge
- Goldfish bowls are bad for goldfish. They are too small to allow adequate filtration and do not provide enough oxygen.
- For an aspirin to save your life during a heart attack, you need to CHEW it.
- Antibiotics do not work on viruses.
- The “Freedom of Speech” provision in the First Amendment protects you from punishment from the government, not from the consequences of your speech.
- Frankenstein is the name of the Doctor, NOT the monster.
- If everyone puts the lid down in a porta-potty, the smell will vent out the pipe that leads to the top.
- Your blood is NOT blue inside your body.
- Should’ve is a contraction for “should have,” and not “should of.”
- Daddy longlegs spiders are not really the most venomous spiders.
- If you plug, earbuds into your laptop’s microphone jack, they will function as microphones.
- Drowning often does not look as it is portrayed.
- In the Bible, the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden was not an apple. Hebrew word “peri,” meaning fruit may have been a fig, grape or even pomegranate.
- Claudette Colvin, 15, refused to give up her bus seat to a white person 9 months before Rosa Parks. Civil rights leaders did not think a dark skinned teen was a good poster child for their movement.
- The top of most ovens lifts up for easy cleaning.
- Stroke symptoms are different for men and women.
- Most cars have an arrow on the fuel gauge that tells you what side of the car the gas tank is on.
- Pterodactyls were not dinosaurs. They were flying reptiles.
- “Under God” was a later addition to the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Feeding bread to ducks is dangerous.
- Command/Ctrl + Shift + T will restore your accidentally closed tab in Chrome.
Until next time. You are NOT alone. –Jenn