Welcome to Hump-Day ya’ll! You are halfway there, you can do it!!
Have a wonderful day. When you think you are having a bad day watch as Michy Batshuayi makes it through and embarrassingly epic fail. 🙂
Hump Day Scoop Facts for July 11, 2018
- Today July 11th is the 192nd day of 2018.
- 173 days remaining in the year.
- Today is the 28th Wednesday of 2018.
- Here in PA, sunrise is 5:43 a.m. and sunset 8:33 p.m.
- Today is:
- All American Pet Photo Day
- Bowdler’s Day
- Free Slurpee Day
- National Blueberry Muffin Day
- National Cheer Up the Lonely Day
- National Mojito Day
- National Rainier Cherries Day
- National Swimming Pool Day
- World Population Day
- The Moon today is a Waning Crescent. Illumination is growing smaller daily until New Moon.
- July’s birth flowers are the Water Lily (purity/majesty) and the Larkspur/Delphinium (strong bond of love, joy)
- 1750 Halifax, Nova Scotia, is almost completely destroyed by fire
- 1798 US Marine Corps established by an act of Congress
- 1804 VP Aaron Burr mortally wounds former Secretary of Treasury Alexander Hamilton in a pistol duel
- 1877 Kate Edger becomes New Zealand’s first woman graduate and the first woman in the British Empire to earn a Bachelor of Arts
- 1900 Charlotte Cooper becomes 1st female Olympic tennis champ and 1st individual female Olympic champion in any sport
- 1914 Babe Ruth debuts pitching for the Boston Red Sox, winning 4-3
- 1952 General Eisenhower nominated as Republican US Presidential candidate
- 1955 Congress authorizes all US currency to say “In God We Trust”
- 1977 US Medal of Freedom awarded posthumously to Rev Martin Luther King Jr
- 2011 Neptune completes its first orbit since its discovery on September 23, 1846
Here are a few random facts to use around the water cooler.
- Walter Frederick Morrison – the inventor of the Frisbee, was cremated and made into a Frisbee after he died.
- In 2015, more people were killed from injuries caused by taking a selfie than by shark attacks. 🙂
- The top six foods that make you fart: beans, corn, bell peppers, cauliflower, cabbage, and milk.
- Nearly 3% of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.
- It is illegal to own just one guinea pig in Switzerland because they get lonely.
Until next time. You are NOT alone. — Jenn
Facts gathered from: