Welcome to Hump-Day ya’ll! You are halfway there, you can do it!
Hump Day Scoop Facts for June 27th
- Today June 27 is the 178th day of 2018.
- There are 187 days remaining in the year.
- Here in PA, sunrise is 5:27 a.m. and sunset 8:31 p.m.
- Today is:
- Helen Keller Day
- National HIV Testing Day
- National PTSD Awareness Day
- Happy Birthday to You Day
- Industrial Workers of the World Day
- International Ragweed Day
- National Indian Pudding Day
- National Orange Blossom Day
- The Moon today is in a Waxing Gibbous phase. The moon is more than 50% illuminated.
- Cancer is the Astrological sign. A few famous people born today:
- Helen Keller
- Tobey Maguire
- JJ Abrams
- Vera Wang
- Ross Perot
- June’s birth flowers are the Honeysuckle (love/affection) and Rose (love/desire).
- 1693 – 1st women’s magazine “Ladies’ Mercury” publish in London
- 1859 – The melody of “Happy Birthday to You” was composed by Mildred J. Hill, a teacher from Louisville, KY
- 1929 – 1st color TV demo, Bell Labs in NYC
- 1954 – 1st atomic power station, Obninsk, Russia
- 1960 – “Everybody’s Somebody’s Fool” hits #1 becoming the first #1 by a female solo act, Connie Francis
- 1964 – Peter & Gordon’s “A World Without Love” written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, goes to #1 in the US
- 1970 – The group Smile change their name to Queen and perfrom for the first time under that name.
- 1980 – Three songs into Led Zeppelin’s concert in Nuremberg, drummer John Bonham collapses during “Black Dog”. He dies in September.
Here are a few random facts for you to use around the water cooler.
- Most toilets flush in E flat.
- Cap’n Crunch’s full name is Horatio Magellan Crunch.
- Approzimately 40,000 Americans are injured every year by toilets.
- It takes 142.18 licks to reach the center of a Tootsie pop.
- You can’t say happiness without saying penis.
Bet you smiled!! 🙂
Until Next Time –You are never alone, Jenn.